Sign in to follow this  
nastang87xx

Borla ATAK + Kooks long tube headers in words...

Stainless Works system gone (good riddance) and Borla ATAK on.  Although great sounding systems, I never understood the "bullshit" behind Borla's marketing Product Anthem: We build Passion, Performance, and Excitement.  ANY exhaust system can be exciting.  Wrong...

Now that I have the Borla ATAK system on, I can firmly say the Stainless Works system that I had was almost boring, had less dimensions, and no soul at all.  None.  Actually, that goes with all the systems I've had now that I am a Borla product owner.  This is MENTAL.  And I love it love it love it.

First off lets get the huge surprise out of the way: it's loud as fug.  I mean LOUD.  No no no.  LOUD.  But no matter how loud it is, it always sounds good all the time.  And no drone at all.  Almost factory like at cruise.  Idle?  You'd never know something this bonkers was on the car.  Below 2300RPM, it's actually very civilized.  Yes, there's some volume but it's not "LOOK AT ME!  I'M AN ASIAN IN A MUSTANG!" until you get to about the upper 2000's and then look out.  Above 3500, it's pure race car.  But not bad race car, that's the key!  There's a level of communication that I've never heard from a muffler system before that just screams drive!  There is soul and character that I never knew existed in a set of cans filled with weaved stainless steel.  I am just blown away at how awesome this system is.

Ultimately, the videos do exhaust systems no justice at all.  But even more so, you can't really connect with the sounds that a car is really making until you get behind the wheel.  And I've heard every Borla series on our cars.  And that's what was missing.  I didn't get behind the wheel and connect with the car.  I've been through a lot of exhaust systems.  I don't know how Borla does it, but I'm a believer now.  Borla is THE most winning exhaust.  Period.  Why?  Because I've fallen in love with my car again as if it was the first time I turned the key and I am not being dramatic.

Wait...why are you still here?  OH YES!  You're looking for a video aren't you.  Well, I was going to do that but two county sheriffs were in my spot.  Until then, my friends, until then.

• Like 6

Great review! Borla is the way to go! I wish I had got mine right away rather than wasting money on other stuff.

I too feel like I wasted my first year and a half with my Magnaflow Street catback. Should have just gone with the Borlas from the beginning!

The more you know, right?  The only thorn I have about my exhaust adventures has been the garbage I had to deal with through Magnaflow when my tips came damaged and then getting denied warranty when they blew out.

I had actually bought a completely Bassani system with full catback and x-pipe and payed for it from JPC, but then they called me saying there was an issue with their website pricing and the cost of shipping wasn't calculated. It added over $100 to the final price and I told them to cancel. Looking back that was a mistake because in the years since I've heard a few Bassani setups and they sounded badass. Oh well.

I had actually bought a completely Bassani system with full catback and x-pipe and payed for it from JPC, but then they called me saying there was an issue with their website pricing and the cost of shipping wasn't calculated. It added over $100 to the final price and I told them to cancel. Looking back that was a mistake because in the years since I've heard a few Bassani setups and they sounded badass. Oh well.

The Bassani full system does sound amazing.  There's a guy around me with the full header back.  QUITE a noise indeed.

Here it is:

The video didn't capture how obscenely loud it is.  Looks like my phone is able to turn down sound intensity to prevent overloading.  That's the "squishy" sounds you hear on pulses.  I tried getting a dB reading and my app went "LULZ, you're a funny guy, asshole."

Edit: @6:15PM CT, the video looks to still be processing so you'll see some odd stuff and the video also sideways...give it some time.

• Like 2

HAHAHAHA you should leave the unedited version up.

Fumble fingers to the rescue!

If its that good on video it must be awesome in person! Those sure have more bark on start up than the S Types do.

I almost don't even want that video up because of how bad it sounds compared to the real thing.  It's indescribable. 

I tried getting a dB reading and my app went "LULZ, you're a funny guy, asshole."

The little speakers on my phone just did the same thing! I'll have to wait til I get home to listen on the computron.

Haha love the ending!!

• Like 1

Here it is:

The video didn't capture how obscenely loud it is.  Looks like my phone is able to turn down sound intensity to prevent overloading.  That's the "squishy" sounds you hear on pulses.  I tried getting a dB reading and my app went "LULZ, you're a funny guy, asshole."

Edit: @6:15PM CT, the video looks to still be processing so you'll see some odd stuff and the video also sideways...give it some time.

Holy crap i love it , sounds better than I thought ....very nice

I will have some Borlas again , no doubt

Just saw you got your 15th post on S197 on a Borla related thread. If I end up de-modding, I'll sell you my S-Types.

Just saw you got your 15th post on S197 on a Borla related thread. If I end up de-modding, I'll sell you my S-Types.

Thanks kenaizer but im actually going to try the Touring next time , unless a deal i can't refuse comes my way. I already had a set of the sport types and i loved them but the wife did not so i'm hopefully going to meet her in the middle and get a set of tourings next time......and De-Mod you getting rid of the Stang ?

Haha love the ending!!

Yeah that was pretty awesome.  I found my phone turned over and was like "uh...I guess I get the point here."