popeye

Taurus EcoBoost manifold

There was no Joy in Whoville! Its the same as the 3.7. Doesnt make sence given the size of the intake on the manifold. Oh well now ill just port the shit out of a 3.7 TB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ok lets get back to the manifold, first I need this to change the mood.

post-961-139224026144_thumb.jpg

Ok now that I have cleared your mind here is a finished spacer for the passenger side.

post-961-139224034707_thumb.jpg

I may blend back the injector hump in the middle and match it on the head. It doesnt need to keep that small of a hump anymore.

• Like 1

No "plastic" in those humps! Got my mind off the waiting game!

Thats what I love a nice all natural redhead. She is amazing

• Like 1

Hopefully the measurements of the f150 tb are correct! Now for this tb to arrive! :nice:

Uuuhhh about that. Its the same fuckin size as the 3.7

Uuuhhh about that. Its the same fuckin size as the 3.7

ahh shit lol..so you confirmed that huh!

it was worth a try, looks like the BBK unit is still one of our main options! ..for $400 bucks tho

Yah, it doesnt make any sence based off the measurements of the Taurus manifold and the Mustang manifold. Oh well,

post-961-139230398152_thumb.jpg

So if some how before May all around my car becomes green I can finish this damn car.

ahh shit lol..so you confirmed that huh!

it was worth a try, looks like the BBK unit is still one of our main options! ..for $400 bucks tho

You can often get it on AutoAnything with a 15-20% coupon for much closer to $300 which isn't a bad deal.

Yah, it doesnt make any sence based off the measurements of the Taurus manifold and the Mustang manifold. Oh well,

It's really too bad, the TB is a nice mod but for what it gives it definitely is hard to justify spending $300+ on.

Well at least a 5.0 TB can work if the manifold needs more air but for now ill just have a ported 3.7 for use.

So here it is pretty much ready to go. Have to do some work on the TB so it can bolt up but its nothing big. Need to make a holder for the manifold evacuation valve or some such BS. Have to order one first though as its missing. post-961-139235354681_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

It has a nice 7" runner length.

There was no Joy in Whoville! Its the same as the 3.7. Doesnt make sence given the size of the intake on the manifold. Oh well now ill just port the shit out of a 3.7 TB

Yup what I figured =)

Hopefully all of your work will pay off. Just buy looking at the design of the car I cannot understand why ford did not go with a boss style intake manifold for the 3.7 and went with the curved design.

Well the manifold will work. No question about that but how well will it work NA. It should kick ass as a Turbo or procharged setup. The 3.7 is a narrow V because of its so many different applications. Had this been an deep V like a 5.0 a boss type manifold work be very feasible given the extra under hood heights. Plus it would be very easy to build a roots style manifold for the deep V block. But all in good time things will be built im just not a patient person and my budget aint what it used to be.

If you plan on going don't bother wasting money on a over sized TB, NA is a different animal but in a blow through style setup a larger TB will most likely offer no gain, we have gone low 10's @ 130 mph+ with a stock 60mm tb, switching to a 70mm gained nothing but the famous BBK whistle.

This intake is looking good, are the spacers necessary to bolt it to the heads or are they done for some other clearance? Another train of thought would be to mount the injectors up the runners a bit, might have bee easier than recreating the base. Can't wait to see how it works, thanks for helping push the envelope!

The spacers are two fold. The ecoboost manifolds have no injector hump and the heads have the hump so some type of adapter would be needed. The injectors on the stock manifold are canted towards the valley and when canted out hit the valve cover. The 2" spacer gives a better runner length. Eventually I will dyno the car with a 5.0 TB and a 3.7 throttle body. The 3.7 will be ported somewhat and cleaned up. The weather should break and warm up. March should be a big month for getting it all together. I figure if all goes well it may be tested in April.

• Like 1

Figure I would post up a pic of my car. post-961-139283471912_thumb.jpg

That thing was in Lauderdale and it even had a chrome chain link steering wheel. You cant see it but the back tires stick out a good 4 inches.

Found out this am that instead of flying home and thrashing on the car,,,,,that I will be onboard for the next month. Oh well at least now I can shop for some parts and get the last few items.