popeye

Taurus EcoBoost manifold

No. The 3.5 eco boost F150 is 73 mm, same bolt pattern for 160 bucks. Im ordering on today to make sure it all works out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

O.K., so people could have just bought to 3.5 ecoboost throttle body for $100-160 instead of the $400 BBK throttle body?  Does it even fit/work for the 3.7 manifold?

when I measured mine after the porting work it was close to a 75mm opening so I think you made a great find popeye with the F-150 3.7 throttle body. it would worl perfectly with the manifolds.

Well the F150 manifold opening is almost 75mm so the gasket on the 3.7 manifold should work as well. Im swinging by my junkyard to see if I can talk them out of a TB and take a few pics. The big thing is the matching bolt pattern but im also interested to see how the electronics are situated and plug location. Gt TB has different electronics and motors but the same plug and the 3.7 operates it with no issues.

when I measured mine after the porting work it was close to a 75mm opening so I think you made a great find popeye with the F-150 3.7 throttle body. it would worl perfectly with the manifolds.

Not to confuse people its the F150 3.5....

Ok I have one on the way for 125 shipped. New take off. Ill take a bunch of pics and see how it matches up to the JLT Cai I have.

Ok I have one on the way for 125 shipped. New take off. Ill take a bunch of pics and see how it matches up to the JLT Cai I have.

Nice!!

This is great investigatory work that will save others $$$ if it works out as suspected. Might even force BBK to reduce their prices on that piece. I spent $320-325 on mine but it was still pricy. I might get one just so I can eliminate the "bbk" from the throttle body to give me more of a stock look under the hood.

Post up the measurements of the EB throttle body when you get it, definitely very curious about this. 

This is great investigatory work that will save others $$$ if it works out as suspected. Might even force BBK to reduce their prices on that piece. I spent $320-325 on mine but it was still pricy. I might get one just so I can eliminate the "bbk" from the throttle body to give me more of a stock look under the hood.

I too paid around $300 for the BBK throttle body, which isn't bad compared to the $400 or whatever it lists for.  I don't think it's an unreasonable price at $300 but 250-275 would be more ideal.  But if you can get an OEM unit for under $175 that is 73-75mm that's a far better option.

Not to mention you most likely could sell the BBK TB on Ebay for more than the cost of the F150 TB.

You read my mind Greg, lol. I'm pretty sure I could sell it for more...even covering shipping to them. 

Also, something about OEM would put my mind at ease on reliability and working with the pcm, etc better. The BBK has been trouble free so far though.

You read my mind Greg, lol. I'm pretty sure I could sell it for more...even covering shipping to them. 

Also, something about OEM would put my mind at ease on reliability and working with the pcm, etc better. The BBK has been trouble free so far though.

Agreed!

Stage3 motor sports lists the BBK 73mm part for both the F150 3.5 and mustang 3.7  Also shows pics of it on both vehicles.  They were also saying the F150 is 68mm

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/UPDATEDaFe-EcoBoost-Charge-Pipe-and-BBK-Throttle-Body-Install-and-Dyno-Run_b_85.html

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/1822-1-2011-2013-F150-37L-BBK-73MM-Throttle-Body.html

Looking at ford's site the part numbers are the same for both the 3.5 and 3.7L only obvious differences are the reference numbers (4 digits to the left of the part number 9E926 and single digit to right of it.)  

Are we sure of the diameter of the 3.5 TB stock?

• Like 2

Stage3 motor sports lists the BBK 73mm part for both the F150 3.5 and mustang 3.7 Also shows pics of it on both vehicles. They were also saying the F150 is 68mm

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/UPDATEDaFe-EcoBoost-Charge-Pipe-and-BBK-Throttle-Body-Install-and-Dyno-Run_b_85.html

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/1822-1-2011-2013-F150-37L-BBK-73MM-Throttle-Body.html

Looking at ford's site the part numbers are the same for both the 3.5 and 3.7L only obvious differences are the reference numbers (4 digits to the left of the part number 9E926 and single digit to right of it.)

Are we sure of the diameter of the 3.5 TB stock?

Well from my measurements of the 3.7 TB and the measurement of the 3.5 EB are quite a bit different. The EB manifold is just under 75mm. The back side of the 3.7 TB is 68. Thats a big difference I may be wrong and ill find out sometime this week.

A 75mm opening would match up to a 73 mm TB as they are measured in the inner by the butterfly valve.

Would be a nice cheap mod if this all pans out. I have the BBK and got it got cheap on this forum. Works great but is pricey if you buy it new. This would be a great find for the community.

A 75mm opening would match up to a 73 mm TB as they are measured in the inner by the butterfly valve.

We'll know for sure when you get one in hand and take some measurements.  I'm still looking forward to seeing what you find.

Waiting for this TB is killing me. Thanks to Mariusvt I dont feel so confident

Haha sounds like a good idea if all works out. I too am now waiting on results, as the throttle body I think is the last thing I have left to finish up N/A