popeye

Taurus EcoBoost manifold

Since ive been able to work on the car lately I figured I would mount up the GT throttle body. Getting closer all the time to having a working setup. Since the Eco boost TB is even smaller than the 3.7 I had to remove a lot of material in the mouth of the intake. Should work very well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

post-961-139017573258_thumb.jpg

That manifold is an eco boost manifold. Its going on the 3.7. Ill be using spacers to mount it. Have a set of spacers in a teflon and a set aluminum. Its a work in progress and im dropping the manifold off to have some welding done because I need to build up some material in a few places.

No. The factory intake is not used at all. This is all custom. There are a lot of little things to fab up to get this to work but at least im back to making progress.

A GT throttle body on a 3.5 Ecoboost manifold (direct injection) on a 3.7 engine (fuel rails)?

I'm waiting on more details and pics of this for sure.

Ok here is the manifold. The injector bungs will be welded in this week and this will go one top of a spacer.

post-961-139019036382_thumb.jpg

post-961-139019037912_thumb.jpg

Dont worry when its all done ill let everyone know how well it works should do decently well as an NA setup but be awesome with a procharger or a turbo.

• Like 1

I have a small window of decent weather so I replaced the q 4 cam phaser sensors that were damaged. Then I buttoned down the new valve covers and disconnected a few plugs in getting ready for the new engine harness. Wx will be shit up till I to back out to sea so thats it for a while. I also threw in a pic of the new water cross over pipe thats normally integral to the lower manifolds

post-961-139024427155_thumb.jpg

post-961-139024429173_thumb.jpg

post-961-139024430876_thumb.jpg

post-961-13902443221_thumb.jpg

So that water cross over pipe is the one for a 3.5 Ecoboost right?

Yes but it from an F150. You have to relocate two holes for attachment points. One is in the webbing of the passenger cylinder head and the other is in the meat of the drivers head.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Impressive! What about for the future when you add the s/c...how are things looking compared to the 4.0 in regards to space, dimensions, etc.?

The 3.7 will be a hell if a lot easier than the 4.0 . The only bitch but it may be an easy fix is running the drive belt. I'm thinking a procharger crank pulley will work well or space out the thermostat housing and use the existing pullies. Other than that its an easier build.

• Like 1

Impressive Brian - looks like a much better design than the one I tested out for our other friend.

(That one could have worked if the runners were size matched though to the lower intake)

I have a small window of decent weather so I replaced the q 4 cam phaser sensors that were damaged. Then I buttoned down the new valve covers and disconnected a few plugs in getting ready for the new engine harness. Wx will be shit up till I to back out to sea so thats it for a while. I also threw in a pic of the new water cross over pipe thats normally integral to the lower manifoldsSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

i like the painted coil covers

• Like 1

Impressive Brian - looks like a much better design than the one I tested out for our other friend.

(That one could have worked if the runners were size matched though to the lower intake)

That one didnt have a chance. I think it was far too rushed. Im pretty sure this one will beat stock numbers and it will be really tempting to put a procharger on it

i like the painted coil covers

Figured I would roll the dice on painting those have read a lot of mixed results. Hope the finish lasts. Did them in an engine enamel.

Figured I would roll the dice on painting those have read a lot of mixed results. Hope the finish lasts. Did them in an engine enamel.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It's the first 3.7 I've seen with them painted are they hard to remove?

It's the first 3.7 I've seen with them painted are they hard to remove?

Very easy. Simply unplug the coils and remove a few electrical harness clips and simply unbolt them. Gasket is reusable.

post-961-139033726094_thumb.jpg

Injector bungs are all set and I will reuse the stock fuel rail. I simply cut it at the crossover and will bridge it with some braided fuel line.

• Like 1