Sign in to follow this  
Silverpony

2011+ 5.0 Exhaust video thread

I would really like to hear a Coyote with 4 to 1 shorty headers, factory cats, and GT500 mufflers.  Maybe I'm just crazy but I think these Tri Y headers sound funky.  And the oddball firing order doesn't help any.

Started with Magnaflow Competition catback.  Went through a few X pipes and then look what happened...

Kooks headers, high flow cats, Magnaflow Competition catback setup:

Stupid loud, race car roar.  Somehow the Competition resonators destroyed themselves and got tinny and quiet after a few WOT pulls last summer.  Not a clue why. I'm guessing maybe moisture/water had something to do with that and damaged the insides and the pressure from going WOT did it in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VmqrxKH-ko

Full Kooks header back:

Was too quiet but tonal quality was excellent.  A "mature" loud.  Caramel smooth sounding mid range and up.  ZERO drone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuLs6oZzvk8

Current setup, Kooks headers, high flow cats, Stainless Works catback:

Recording sounds terrible.  Extremely loud in person.  Very throaty and snarly.  Very Mercedes intermediate bore V8'ish down low, small bore Audi V8'ish up top.  Best sounding setup in my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1PXHvh5O-Q

Stainless Works' video sounds pretty much spot on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkUC2KPn9YQ

My blue GT.

BBK LTH, O/R X, Magnaflow Street catback.  

Crappy iphone mic keeps blowing out.  But you can see how quiet it gets at idle.

BBK LTH, O/R X, Pypes catback, Bama's Cam tune.  Thing sounded so sick but driveability sucked lol.

My blue GT.

BBK LTH, O/R X, Magnaflow Street catback.  

Crappy iphone mic keeps blowing out.  But you can see how quiet it gets at idle.

That sounds very...very good.  Almost like a pushrod motor.

Here is my old Procharged '11 GT with 1 7/8" Stainless Works LT's, matching O/R X-pipe, stock resonators and MAC axleback.  I always got compliments on how the car sounded!

Here is my old Procharged '11 GT with 1 7/8" Stainless Works LT's, matching O/R X-pipe, stock resonators and MAC axleback.  I always got compliments on how the car sounded!

Thing sounded so sick with the blower.  I keep getting more tempted every day.  The wife might be really mad come summer.

Thing sounded so sick with the blower.  I keep getting more tempted every day.  The wife might be really mad come summer.

Thanks!!

I agree I though it sounded pretty damn good, if I say so myself!  I do miss the car from time to time, but am very happy with the cars I've got now.

My first set of axelbacks GT 500:

Second set Roush:

Third Set and me and my brother battling it out:

FRPP Sports and O/R X:

....Without Race Bullets 

......With Race Bullets 

I gotta make one of my current setup the blower and the JPC over-axels made the JBA's a tad deeper 

I got a couple of these I'll be back in a sec

Hey for some reason this forum only lets you do two videos per post, you may want to edit or do separate posts.

I just changed the setting to 5 max but that post will still need to be split.

Nice so now I can go back and put mine in one, thanks!

My car with the Hushpowers and O/R X:

My brothers car with the Steeda and O/R X and JPC over-axel pipes:

My current setup before the JPC over-axel pipes:

Haha so for the fun of it I just put all the videos on the first page playing all at once! quite the Revving competition going on!

Lol