• Announcements

• Unclenard

Site Upgrade   11/08/2017

The site will be continuing to get the look and feel adjusted since the upgrade.  If you have any suggestions please let me know.  In the top right is the link for "Unread Content".  Initially everything may be showing up and you will have to click the link for "Mark site read".
Sign in to follow this  
Smarties

New Paxton supercharger

Hi,

Finally I'm the proud owner of a Paxton 2200SL with ID 1000 injectors. I will buy in the following weeks a boost a pump and colder NGK spark plugs.  It will be installed on april as the car is in the garage right now. Beefcake gave me a good deal. Instead of the new price at 5000$ and sold it to me at 4799$.

The cams will probably be sold this week-end.

I will have to try the supercharger with my 4.10 gears and if it doesn't work well I might re-install my 3.55 gears.

After that don't know what will be my next upgrade. Maybe a Cortex watts link.

• Like 1

yeah...I would start working on re-installing that 3.55. That thing will be a burnout machine with the 4.10 lol fun but not good for your tires.

• Like 1

And yeah I went back to my 3.31's from my 3.73's. Gears were too short with the blower I enjoy the longer gear pulls much more better.

• Like 1

But passing from the 4.10 to the 3.55, will it slow the car in acceleration. I like 0-60 time more than quarter mile. I know the 4.10 gears will probably have traction problem but at what extent..

You will see the power and torque more than makes up for any lost acceleration by switching the gears. It's not the same as being NA especially since you most probably will not be revving it out as far to gain mph with a shorter gear. Trust me the torque is there

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

And im assuming you will have a M6 ,if so revving out to 7000 puts you shifting into third with 4.10's before you even get to 60mph. Just something to think about 

Yes I have a M6. So with a 4.10 I will need to shift in third while a 3.55 I only need to shift 1-2. So probably a 3.55 would be faster because it requires only one shift?

Yes I have a M6. So with a 4.10 I will need to shift in third while a 3.55 I only need to shift 1-2. So probably a 3.55 would be faster because it requires only one shift?

Correct , play with this calculator it will give you an idea

http://www.catherineandken.co.uk/sti/tyres.html

I chose to put my 3.31's back in because i mainly do interstate sprints in Mexico , plus i felt like the car gained about 20whp just because i could stay in gear longer . Just do a little homework you will see that the majority of guys that are boosted with the M6 revert back to 3.31's and thats with a centri or PD blower . When i had my 3.73's to me as soon as it started feeling good it was time to shift again and i felt like i was wasting useable power. Boost loves a little bit of load if that makes any sense

...if you have not done one of these installs before, I recommend you search and do as much prep as you can. Its not hard in any way, but time consuming. The Novi head unit is definitely the one to go versus VS3 in my opinion in the Coyote engine, but it is a tighter fight. Also there are some fitment issues if you have or plan to install the Boss oil cooler.

I called a local shop about watching a Paxton install in our car and it was golden... and the final results were awesome! Cool AIT2 temps under sustained WOT pulls and a very linear and manageable HP curve...

Good info for the boss oil cooler. It was on my shop list. You are saying that it won't fit with the paxton?

On the calculator, seems as if I stay with a 4.10 gears with my 255/35/20 tires, I'm ok to go to 0-60 with only 2 shift. But for quarter-mile it seems that the 3.55 are better. Am I right?

Definitely go 3.55's with the Paxton.  You'll stay IN the power LONGER.  That's the key.  Sometimes it's more than just how quickly you can get through gears but how the gear is utilized.  Lethal Performance's 5.0 has 3.27's because that car's main purpose is quarter mile runs using a 2.9L Crusher.

Good info for the boss oil cooler. It was on my shop list. You are saying that it won't fit with the paxton?

On the calculator, seems as if I stay with a 4.10 gears with my 255/35/20 tires, I'm ok to go to 0-60 with only 2 shift. But for quarter-mile it seems that the 3.55 are better. Am I right?

I am positive from my experience, I was expecting a big drop off in acceleration when I installed my 3.31's back in but it was hardly noticeable at all

You already have the 4.10's installed , best advice is to install the blower and see how you like it. If you think the gears are too short for the power your going to be making then switch them out . Really is simple as that I wouldn't over think it

• Like 1

It will but you have to "customize it" to fit, you'll have to cut some hoses, there is an install on a magazine with pics from a Boss...

It will but you have to "customize it" to fit, you'll have to cut some hoses, there is an install on a magazine with pics from a Boss...

No cutting necessary. The oil cooler hoses connect to a fitting on the lower radiator hose with some quick connects. You just have to disconnect them and switch them around.

No cutting necessary. The oil cooler hoses connect to a fitting on the lower radiator hose with some quick connects. You just have to disconnect them and switch them around.

..now that you mention this, I noticed that the hoses coming from the cooler are marked, to me it means that there is a coolant flow circulation pattern, does it matter then if you swap them around?

..now that you mention this, I noticed that the hoses coming from the cooler are marked, to me it means that there is a coolant flow circulation pattern, does it matter then if you swap them around?

I don't believe it does. The only issues I've heard of are when people reinstall them with a kink in a hose.