Sign in to follow this  
burke985

JPC OverAxels

Just ordered a set and was wondering if any one has them with a lowered car, mine is on steeda sports and was worried about them hitting.

I thought the JPC's were one of the better ones for clearance.  My Maggy Comps have PLENTLY of clearance and were notorious for receiving a lot of complaints before.

Sweet tired of having to adjust my pipes , I think the guy who put my race bullets in kinda put the drivers side in crooked and the flat spot over the pan hard bar brace hits on small bumps. There's literally an 1/8" clearance there now and I can get another 1/8" or so if I adjust the axelbacks a little but it always seems to slip down again and start hitting again , sick of it I hope this fixes the problem 

...that happened to me with the Hushpowers from FlowMasters... ended up bending the hangers.

Yeah I thought about that also when I was under the car looking at it a little while ago 

I may do that when I get the new pipes from JPC , my stockers have been hacked up enough, I first deleted the resonators and then added the race bullets back in later. These JBA are pretty quiet but sound good I just wanna come back up to gt500 status of loudness as well as get the flow a little better. These should make them a little louder 

Did you order from Lethal? I've heard most shops having issues keeping those in stock.

I think you will have no issues with fitment as the bends over the axle itself look very factory. I want to hear that setup!

Did you order from Lethal? I've heard most shops having issues keeping those in stock.

I think you will have no issues with fitment as the bends over the axle itself look very factory. I want to hear that setup!

Oh you know a video will follow , I ordered them directly from JPC so i probably wont get them until friday or sat. I would have ordered from lethal if i had thought about it as they have fast shipping i get stuff in 2 days from them. 

Get em man!  I bet that's going to sound KILLER!

I hope it does , but im more interested in stopping my pipes from hitting the pan hard bar brace and i hope these fix that issue its driving me nutz. 

Just got the shipping notification and should get them on friday, man the wife is gonna be so pissed when she sees another box arrive at the house  :threaten: but this will be me  :P

Just got the shipping notification and should get them on friday, man the wife is gonna be so pissed when she sees another box arrive at the house  :threaten: but this will be me  :P

Yeah my wife would be so pissed off too if-...wait a sec...that's right!  I don't have one. :biggrin:

But I would really like to do a full engine rebuild at 100,000 - 120,000 miles and get a 2.3L Crusher.  I bet I will have this car for a long time.

Yeah my wife would be so pissed off too if-...wait a sec...that's right!  I don't have one. :biggrin:

But I would really like to do a full engine rebuild at 100,000 - 120,000 miles and get a 2.3L Crusher.  I bet I will have this car for a long time.

Rub it in why don't ya LOL...yeah i think im keeping this puppy for a while 10 years from now it will eat people  :vampire:

Got the overaxels in yesterday and they sound good with the JBA's. The male end of the pipe where they meet the axelbacks was a tad big for the JBA ,the Axelbacks sound good but fitament is not that great and wasn't that great with the stock overaxels. Only issue im running in to is when going over a big bump they are hitting something on the axel itself and makes a tink sound when going over large bumps, other than that fitament was pretty good. Ill get a vid up tomorrow

photo3_zpsfdac84a8.jpg

I've been procrastinating about them because of that same fact, it happened to me on a previous car, so I ended up getting rid of the resonators....

20130526_205326_zps484083bd.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but what is that 

thats a breather for the axles internals, as everything heats up and expands...  on hard and hot race days, gear oil might leak out from there...

• Like 1

thats a breather for the axles internals, as everything heats up and expands...  on hard and hot race days, gear oil might leak out from there...

oh ok thanks , thats the only issue im running in to with them . I had the resonators removed and then added race bullets back in i liked it for a while but it was just too quiet even with the off road X and i didn't wanna chop in to my stock pipes any more so that's why i ordered them. They sound good probably raised the volume about 20 percent and the pops are back but i can deal with that for the better sound. I think i may try and go to a muffler shop and get them to heat the pipe up a little and smush it a little to give me more clearance . Other than that they are pretty nice and cleaned up the exhaust nicely 

Might try bending the brackets on the mufflers too and push them up a little looks like I have alot of room there

The pipe looks pretty good. That's hitting? I'm kinda surprised.

Yeah me too its the only thing that could possibly , im gonna bend the brackets on the JBA's little and push the axelbacks up and that will probably fix it , had to leave for work yesterday so I never got the chance to mess with it

...those little nagging issues that sometimes come from bolton parts... "bolt on" right? I remember on my 2003 GT, I could never get rid of them banging here or there...

...those little nagging issues that sometimes come from bolton parts... "bolt on" right? I remember on my 2003 GT, I could never get rid of them banging here or there...

This is the first mustang ive really done alot of work to so its a learning experience for me also

Just saw it on AFM, sounds pretty good for being stationary. I wish I had some open roads near me to do some drive-by videos.