JimC

SHO'nough

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • 461 reward credits
  • Monroe
  • Michigan

Posted October 5, 2016 - 07:52 PM

I think that my wife is right. This car is cursed.

I noticed the last 2 evenings driving home that the head temp spiked during slow moving back ups. Went right back to normal once I got going, figured something to check closer this weekend.

This morning I was stuck in a long back up. A mile from the exit and the car suddenly erupts with steam. Pulled over to the side and popped the hood expecting a blown hose. Was not the case. Then did the dumbass move and grabbed the cap on the degas bottle- yep, had pressure and small burn on my hand from steam.

I got back in the car and turned it to on. Got out front again and.... hmmm, shouldn't the fan be on? Waiting for the diagnosis but my guess is the fan crapped out on me.

I think that I am going to start looking for a new car. I don't want a car payment, but it seems this car is unlucky.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#2 Livewire003

Livewire003

Rewards Level 2

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • 192 reward credits
  • Saint Louis
  • Missouri

Posted October 5, 2016 - 08:44 PM

Fan seems like a popular failure on these cars, and would explain the spiking temps while not moving. From what I've seen the harness can melt.  You've had many unlucky things, but this one seems normal in comparison. :-p

v7ey.jpg
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L : 13.244 @ 105.32
Pony Package | 6R80 | Borla S-Type | MPT 93 Race Tune | BBK Ceramic Shorties | C&L CAI
Ford Racing 3.55 Gears | MRT Catted H-Pipe | Black SVE Drifts, 275/40/19 General G-MAX AS-03

#3 powerwhee

powerwhee

Rewards Level 3

• Members
  • 1,420 posts
  • 1358 reward credits
  • Los Angeles
  • California

Posted October 5, 2016 - 10:42 PM

Man you can never get a break with this car! How was the modded 4.0 in comparison to this car? I'm guessing it wasn't as bad? Trying to make a silver lining here, maybe you'll feel better knowing your story made me decide against a turbo on my car lol at least you helped one person on your journey in this car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Base Auto 3.7 Ingot Silver

Performance:

MPT 91 Octane Tune>JLT CAI>Ported Upper and Lower Stock Intake Manifold>BBK Chrome Shorty Headers>Borla S Type

4.10 Gears

Koni STR.T with GT500 Upper Strut Mounts on SR Springs

13.5@103.96 MPH (13.1@107.2 corrected)

w/ a 2.17 60" on Brembo Wheels with street tires (corrected 2510 DA @ California Dragway 11/4/14)

Appearance: 

Saddle Brown Leather Seats with Brushed Aluminum Dash Kit.

19 Inch Brembo Wheels

Color Matched Rear Diffuser, Side Skirts, Side Mirrors, Front/Rear Turn Signal lights, Front Boss 302 Lip.

Boss 302 Fascia w/ Fogs and auto headlights

Shelby GT500 Steering Wheel. 

Painted Roush Grille Gloss Black. 

20 Percent 3M Tint All Around.

#4 z28th1s

z28th1s

Rewards Level 3

• Administrators
  • 4,075 posts
  • 1902 reward credits
  • Lynchburg
  • Virginia

Posted October 5, 2016 - 11:53 PM

Sorry to hear about more bad luck.  Hopefully it is just the fan and you will be back in business soon!

'11 Race Red Mustang V6 Coupe 3.7, M6, 3.73 gears, JLT CAI, BBK TB, 'Lone Wolf Performance' ported intakes, Lund Racing 93 tune, BBK LT's, O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster 'Force II' axleback, Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, UPR UCA & LCA's, J&M PHB, Strange 10-way adjustable rear shocks, 305 RWHP & 280 RWTQ, 12.60 @ 108.39 MPH (1st NA 3.7 V6 in the 12's!!) SOLD 

#5 JimC

JimC

SHO'nough

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • 461 reward credits
  • Monroe
  • Michigan

Posted October 6, 2016 - 01:52 AM

Man you can never get a break with this car! How was the modded 4.0 in comparison to this car? I'm guessing it wasn't as bad? Trying to make a silver lining here, maybe you'll feel better knowing your story made me decide against a turbo on my car lol at least you helped one person on your journey in this car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2006 was great. Ran nitrous on it for 2 years and with 90,000 miles on it pulled the nitrous and put the Xcharger Xtreme on the car. When I sold it the car was still running mid 12's with 203,000 miles on it. Very few problems with that car. The car now has >245,000 and still runs strong.

#6 Roanstang

Roanstang

Rewards Level 3

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • 557 reward credits
  • Port Lavaca
  • Texas
Garage View Garage

Posted October 6, 2016 - 12:23 PM

Sorry to hear of your troubles but you may find a great newer car. After building my Cyclone it was hard to trade it, but I did the right thing. I enjoy my new pony. Line lock & track apps plus 3.55:1 gear just works.

2014 DIB 3.7 DOHC Cyclone/ Charcoal interior/ Select Shift/ American Racing razor's/Dry-S drop-in/ BMR lca's & adj. panhard/DSS 3.5" 1 piece/Bassani "race bullets"/Koni sports/J&M cc plates/ UPR "catch can"/sold before finished building.

2016 ruby red 5.0 Coyote Red/UPR catch can/SVE resonator delete X-pipe/Airaid "tube"& AEM drop-in/J&M sub frame bushings/ BMR cradle lockout/BMR 4pt. front subframe brace/BMR camber bolts/aligned to 1.5*neg/

#7 2011fastford

2011fastford

FFM INSTAGRAM MOD

• Members
  • 13,223 posts
  • 11123 reward credits
  • Albuquerque
  • New Mexico

Posted October 6, 2016 - 12:29 PM

damn dude... sell that bitch already lol I would have put a bullet in my head by now :roulette:

2011FastFord2.JPG.jpg

Instagram
@2011fastford505

youtube channel

https://www.youtube....fcl0lx8MEyEby4g

#8 JimC

JimC

SHO'nough

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • 461 reward credits
  • Monroe
  • Michigan

Posted October 6, 2016 - 01:55 PM

Just heard from the shop. The fan sensor is bad. I get to drive back to downtown Detroit Saturday to pick it up. Part won't be in until tomorrow afternoon, so replace it, fill the coolant, and I get it back.

I will look at cars while there. My wife would like me to get something else. Thinking about a Fusion Sport, Taurus SHO, orLincoln MKS ecoboost (hmm, hot rod Lincoln?). Or maybe a new Mustang 5.0 or ecoboost

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#9 J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs

Rewards Level 2

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • 327 reward credits
  • McGaheysville
  • Virginia

Posted October 6, 2016 - 02:34 PM

You can fix a lot of little problems (and big ones) for far less than the cost of car payments!
2012 V6, Black/Saddle, Pony Pkg, MT82, 3.73 gears, SR strut brace, Eibach dampers, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, Corsa Sport axleback

#10 Cindy'sRed3.7

Cindy'sRed3.7

Rewards Level 2

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • 285 reward credits
  • South Hill
  • Washington

Posted October 12, 2016 - 05:36 PM

Attached File  14729196_195445864228058_6429174814438651888_n.jpg   9.79KB   15 downloads

3.31 Gears

DSS Aluminum Driveshaft
JLT Carbon Fiber CAI

BBK 73mm Throttle Body
91R Bama Tune
BBK Ceramic Shorties
Magnaflow Street Cat-Back
Adaptive Shifting Permanent Delete
JLT Oil Separator
13.2" GT drilled and slotted front rotors
DOT 4 brake fluid

#11 JimC

JimC

SHO'nough

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • 461 reward credits
  • Monroe
  • Michigan

Posted October 14, 2016 - 01:48 AM

Well, made the deal. Getting a 2016 Taurus SHO. My wife said she just didn't feel she could trust the Mustang, too many small problems. I still have a nagging electrical gremlin that keeps tripping the tire pressure monitors and the Sync system randomly goes into private mode while on a call; Tuesday night after driving it I could smell oil burning so was worried that this engine had blow by (didn't see any when I popped the hood but it made me nervous about this engine). So she was worried about me and all the driving I do for work. And the incentives that Ford offered made it tough to pass up - the total incentive and rebate was $12,500!

#12 JimC

JimC

SHO'nough

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • 461 reward credits
  • Monroe
  • Michigan

Posted October 14, 2016 - 01:50 AM

Forgot the picture. This wasn't my first choice in color, but it was the one that had all the equipment I wanted. The 401 package, voice activated navigation, heated rear seats. Really a nice drive, rides great and sits higher than my wife's Lincoln MKZ. I was thinking about the Lincoln MKS (Lincoln version of the Taurus) but the incentives and rebates aren't being given on that.

Attached Files

#13 J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs

Rewards Level 2

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • 327 reward credits
  • McGaheysville
  • Virginia

Posted October 14, 2016 - 02:17 PM

I would have definitely gotten an SHO when I bought my Mustang, if only it was available with a clutch. Then I wouldn't have had to keep a 4wd truck for snow.
2012 V6, Black/Saddle, Pony Pkg, MT82, 3.73 gears, SR strut brace, Eibach dampers, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, Corsa Sport axleback

#14 popeye

popeye

World's fastest Ecoboost manifold swapped 3.7, yo haters.

• Members
  • 3,695 posts
  • 3569 reward credits
  • Pennsylvania

Posted October 15, 2016 - 08:22 PM

For the love of God Jim,,,,, get rid of that CAR!!!!!
Oops, didn't see you already did that... good luck, that should be a fun platform

2012 V6 6M - MPT tune - Cold Air Intake - GT throttle body 80 mm - Mac Shorties - Stock cats/no resonators - 2 3/4" exhaust after cats - GT Mufflers
Aluminum DS - 3.73 gears - Konis yellows - Steeda Sport springs - 255/45-18 Toyo Sports

#15 popeye

popeye

World's fastest Ecoboost manifold swapped 3.7, yo haters.

• Members
  • 3,695 posts
  • 3569 reward credits
  • Pennsylvania

Posted October 15, 2016 - 08:25 PM

I would have gone Focus RS

2012 V6 6M - MPT tune - Cold Air Intake - GT throttle body 80 mm - Mac Shorties - Stock cats/no resonators - 2 3/4" exhaust after cats - GT Mufflers
Aluminum DS - 3.73 gears - Konis yellows - Steeda Sport springs - 255/45-18 Toyo Sports

#16 JimC

JimC

SHO'nough

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • 461 reward credits
  • Monroe
  • Michigan

Posted October 15, 2016 - 10:48 PM

I get the SHO on Monday, It wasn't ready today and I really didn't have the time anyway.

The Focus RS is nice and could be a lot of fun, but all the incentives on the SHO made it an easy choice. Sticker is $45,000. Xplan pricing is $43,000. Then toss in $12,500 of incentives an extra $2,000 for trading in the Mustang. So the car ends up costing way less than the Focus RS

#17 mariusvt

mariusvt

Rewards Level 3

• Members
  • 4,284 posts
  • 3691 reward credits
  • Pennsylvania
Garage View Garage

Posted October 16, 2016 - 12:02 PM

So they're still doing the extra 2k trade incentive for the 13-14s?

2013 SGM 3.7 | MPT Tune | JBA Titanium Ceramic Shorty Headers | MGW Gen 1 | Blowfish Street Bracket | BBK TB | 18" Charcoal AMR | FRPP 3.55 | BMR LCA | Steeda Panhard Bar |  Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft |

#18 JimC

JimC

SHO'nough

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • 461 reward credits
  • Monroe
  • Michigan

Posted October 17, 2016 - 12:31 AM

Yes they are - only if you trade it on certain models though, and no idea how much longer they are doing it.

#19 mariusvt

mariusvt

Rewards Level 3

• Members
  • 4,284 posts
  • 3691 reward credits
  • Pennsylvania
Garage View Garage

Posted October 17, 2016 - 10:11 AM

I'd love to see the list of what qualifies but been unable to find it. Not that I could buy anything until the ink is dry on the new house settlement. Been thinking harder and harder about a fusion sport or an edge sport. I need to get a year round commuter thats friendly in all weather 70mi a day and have been thinking more about replacing the mustang instead of adding to it.

2013 SGM 3.7 | MPT Tune | JBA Titanium Ceramic Shorty Headers | MGW Gen 1 | Blowfish Street Bracket | BBK TB | 18" Charcoal AMR | FRPP 3.55 | BMR LCA | Steeda Panhard Bar |  Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft |

#20 JimC

JimC

SHO'nough

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • 461 reward credits
  • Monroe
  • Michigan

Posted October 17, 2016 - 11:32 PM

Pick up of my new SHO delayed. I went in to the office this morning and within a half hour had a major Meniere's attack. Everything started spinning, sweating profusely - got up to go to the bathroom to wash off my face and coming back down the hall was very unsteady and noticeable to one of the assistants. She walked past my office and saw that I was holding my head with my hands (trying to anchor to stop the spinning). Then - threw up, luckily the trash can was right there.

I thought maybe going outside to cool down would help and when I tried to get out of the chair my knees buckled and I went down. That same assistant then walked by again, ran to grab another assistant and they said that I was not responsive for a few minutes.

My assistant grabbed my phone and called my wife - she just looked in the contacts for the ICE entry. Only problem was my phone was connected by blue tooth to my hearing aids so I could hear Pat but no one else could. The EMT's thought I was hallucinating when I was was trying to talk to Pat - then I said "turn off the blue tooth on my phone" and then they were talking to her. With the blue tooth connected sound only comes through the hearing aids.

Ended up out of the office for the rest of the day. Attacks like that make me very tired for some reason, and the meds that they give in the ER also make me tired.

Feeling much better this evening though. Still a little off.

New SHO arrives tomorrow

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com