JimC

SHO'nough

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • 461 reward credits
  • Monroe
  • Michigan

Posted January 11, 2016 - 03:13 AM

i'm hoping i'll be able too hook my t brake up tomorrow... limited on time... probably gonna have to take a sick day from work too... i have to finish the converter install so i can get tuned friday

Resurrecting this thread - did you ever get this transbrake set up and working? I'm thinking that I need to do this to bring my 60' down and get my turbo into the 11's. Got a race weekend coming up in May and need to beat a friend with a turbo 2007 4.0.

#62 Unclenard

Unclenard

FFM Owner

• Super Mod
  • 3,043 posts
  • 2527 reward credits
  • St Petersburg
  • Florida
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2016 - 05:01 PM

Resurrecting this thread - did you ever get this transbrake set up and working? I'm thinking that I need to do this to bring my 60' down and get my turbo into the 11's. Got a race weekend coming up in May and need to beat a friend with a turbo 2007 4.0.

No I haven't.  I think I've seen you on the Facebook Cyclone group right?  If so then ping "Terry N Amanda", they were supposed to get me what they had done but we both have been too busy.  And then if you can get the info from them and pass it along that would be even better!

2012 V6 Premium  •  Kona Blue  •  Charcoal black leather  •  1.79 60' 12.527 @ 107.47 mph Unclenard.com
Super Six ported heads & upper/lower intakes  •  MPT dyno tuned  •  Airaid CAI  •  BBK TB • BBK shorty headers & O/R X-pipe • Borla ATAK • DSS • 3.73 gears Circle D 5C

Forgestar F14's 19x9/19x10 • Strange Adj. Shocks • BMR LCAs • UPR UCA & bracket • Eaton Detroit Truetrac

M/T ET Streets on SVE Drag Wheels 17x4.5/15x8  •  Steeda radiator support  •  CHE bumper support  •  Odyssey PC680 with custom mount

ForumSig02.jpg

#63 JimC

JimC

SHO'nough

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • 461 reward credits
  • Monroe
  • Michigan

Posted January 11, 2016 - 07:39 PM

Thanks, I will try them. I am also considering the JMS one, but this is less expensive.

#64 JimC

JimC

SHO'nough

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • 461 reward credits
  • Monroe
  • Michigan

Posted January 13, 2016 - 04:40 PM

I'm not going to do the trans brake. Had to take the car in yesterday because it was blowing oil out the driver side valve cover. For some reason the oil pressure is running high and giving blow by.

So I give up on the turbo. Setting the car back to stock.

#65 Unclenard

Unclenard

FFM Owner

• Super Mod
  • 3,043 posts
  • 2527 reward credits
  • St Petersburg
  • Florida
Garage View Garage

Posted January 13, 2016 - 04:56 PM

I'm not going to do the trans brake. Had to take the car in yesterday because it was blowing oil out the driver side valve cover. For some reason the oil pressure is running high and giving blow by.

That sucks.  I have an oil leak that I need to figure out too.  I suspect it might be a valve cover.  It was leaving a small puddle on the garage floor toward the back of the engine and I was convienced it was the rear main seal so I had my mechanic replace the rear main seal.  After getting the trans out to do it he said the main seal was fine but did see oil on the back of the engine.  He stuck his finger in the the drain hole at the back of the valley of the engine and said oil was in the valley and was running out the drain hole in the back.  I still have to take my aluminum intake off to swap back to the ported factory one and then I'll be able to see in the valley why it might be doing that.

2012 V6 Premium  •  Kona Blue  •  Charcoal black leather  •  1.79 60' 12.527 @ 107.47 mph Unclenard.com
Super Six ported heads & upper/lower intakes  •  MPT dyno tuned  •  Airaid CAI  •  BBK TB • BBK shorty headers & O/R X-pipe • Borla ATAK • DSS • 3.73 gears Circle D 5C

Forgestar F14's 19x9/19x10 • Strange Adj. Shocks • BMR LCAs • UPR UCA & bracket • Eaton Detroit Truetrac

M/T ET Streets on SVE Drag Wheels 17x4.5/15x8  •  Steeda radiator support  •  CHE bumper support  •  Odyssey PC680 with custom mount

ForumSig02.jpg

#66 LIGISTX

LIGISTX

Rewards Level 3

• Members
  • 6,368 posts
  • 5660 reward credits
  • Los Angeles
  • California
Garage View Garage

Posted January 14, 2016 - 02:35 AM

;(

Sent from my jailbroke iPhone using Tapatalk

JLT CAI -- 73mm BBK TB -- Lone Wolf Ported Mani's -- BBK Ceramic Shorties -- Borla ATAK -- MPT 91 Tune
MGW Race Spec -- RAM HDX -- Fidanza 12lbs flywheel -- DSS Aluminum -- 3.73 Rear
Koni Yellow's -- J&M CC Plates -- SR Springs -- Boss 302 Strut Brace -- BMR LCA's, Relo's, Adj. PHR, Motor Mounts
275/40 R19 MPSS -- 19x9.5 SVE Drifts -- Hawk HPS 5.0
JLT Oil Seperator -- SS Clutch & Brake Lines -- Billlet Grille -- GT500 Rear Diffuser -- Blue on Black Cue Ball Shifter Knob -- GT500 Steering Wheel
250 watt 10" Bazookah Tube -- JBL GTO8628 6x8"
The Smoking Tire One Take:

#67 apcapri

apcapri

Rewards Level 2

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • 83 reward credits
  • Searcy
  • Arkansas

Posted January 14, 2016 - 02:42 AM

That sucks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2012 V6 Premium

#68 mariusvt

mariusvt

Rewards Level 3

• Members
  • 4,284 posts
  • 3691 reward credits
  • Pennsylvania
Garage View Garage

Posted January 14, 2016 - 11:37 AM

Man, you've had zero luck with that turbo kit.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

2013 SGM 3.7 | MPT Tune | JBA Titanium Ceramic Shorty Headers | MGW Gen 1 | Blowfish Street Bracket | BBK TB | 18" Charcoal AMR | FRPP 3.55 | BMR LCA | Steeda Panhard Bar |  Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft |

#69 JimC

JimC

SHO'nough

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • 461 reward credits
  • Monroe
  • Michigan

Posted January 14, 2016 - 02:19 PM

That's true. I thought everything was set finally and the car was running great. No idea why it is suddenly pressuring the crankcase.

#70 Roanstang

Roanstang

Rewards Level 3

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • 557 reward credits
  • Port Lavaca
  • Texas
Garage View Garage

Posted February 18, 2016 - 11:19 AM

Seems like the 3.7 Cyclone motor likes supercharger's not turbo's, I wish we could get a "roots" blower for our v6 motor. 

2014 DIB 3.7 DOHC Cyclone/ Charcoal interior/ Select Shift/ American Racing razor's/Dry-S drop-in/ BMR lca's & adj. panhard/DSS 3.5" 1 piece/Bassani "race bullets"/Koni sports/J&M cc plates/ UPR "catch can"/sold before finished building.

2016 ruby red 5.0 Coyote Red/UPR catch can/SVE resonator delete X-pipe/Airaid "tube"& AEM drop-in/J&M sub frame bushings/ BMR cradle lockout/BMR 4pt. front subframe brace/BMR camber bolts/aligned to 1.5*neg/

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com