VMP-TVS 2.3L Ultimate

• Super Mod
  • 2,040 posts
  • 565 reward credits
  • Miami
  • Florida
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2014 - 10:27 PM

Cams are sold. Good news. Now next upgrade.

Woohoo!!! I also have been very lucky so far with all my parts recycling!..

...change comes about as a result of millions of tiny acts...

#22 Kenaizer

Kenaizer

Rewards Level 1

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • 16 reward credits
  • Houston
  • Texas

Posted January 15, 2014 - 01:20 PM

Good info for the boss oil cooler. It was on my shop list. You are saying that it won't fit with the paxton?

On the calculator, seems as if I stay with a 4.10 gears with my 255/35/20 tires, I'm ok to go to 0-60 with only 2 shift. But for quarter-mile it seems that the 3.55 are better. Am I right?

It will but you have to "customize it" to fit, you'll have to cut some hoses, there is an install on a magazine with pics from a Boss...

No cutting necessary. The oil cooler hoses connect to a fitting on the lower radiator hose with some quick connects. You just have to disconnect them and switch them around.

2013 GHIG Boss 302

#23 Coyote 302

Coyote 302

VMP-TVS 2.3L Ultimate

• Super Mod
  • 2,040 posts
  • 565 reward credits
  • Miami
  • Florida
Garage View Garage

Posted January 16, 2014 - 08:20 PM

No cutting necessary. The oil cooler hoses connect to a fitting on the lower radiator hose with some quick connects. You just have to disconnect them and switch them around.

..now that you mention this, I noticed that the hoses coming from the cooler are marked, to me it means that there is a coolant flow circulation pattern, does it matter then if you swap them around?

...change comes about as a result of millions of tiny acts...

#24 Kenaizer

Kenaizer

Rewards Level 1

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • 16 reward credits
  • Houston
  • Texas

Posted January 17, 2014 - 02:09 AM

..now that you mention this, I noticed that the hoses coming from the cooler are marked, to me it means that there is a coolant flow circulation pattern, does it matter then if you swap them around?

I don't believe it does. The only issues I've heard of are when people reinstall them with a kink in a hose.

2013 GHIG Boss 302

#25 jimbo

jimbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 reward credits
  • sterling
  • Illinois

Posted September 8, 2017 - 02:30 AM

Hello are there any newer posts or is this site not in operation.

#26 Roanstang

Roanstang

Rewards Level 3

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • 557 reward credits
  • Port Lavaca
  • Texas
Garage View Garage

Posted September 8, 2017 - 10:20 AM

Few soldiers who put up with each other here, it's an "informative site", Knowledge is here, I enjoy the R&D.

2014 DIB 3.7 DOHC Cyclone/ Charcoal interior/ Select Shift/ American Racing razor's/Dry-S drop-in/ BMR lca's & adj. panhard/DSS 3.5" 1 piece/Bassani "race bullets"/Koni sports/J&M cc plates/ UPR "catch can"/sold before finished building.

2016 ruby red 5.0 Coyote Red/UPR catch can/SVE resonator delete X-pipe/Airaid "tube"& AEM drop-in/J&M sub frame bushings/ BMR cradle lockout/BMR 4pt. front subframe brace/BMR camber bolts/aligned to 1.5*neg/

#27 Grimace427

Grimace427

ASE Master Certified Technician

• Administrators
  • 16,827 posts
  • 14901 reward credits
  • Sterling
  • Virginia
Garage View Garage

Posted September 8, 2017 - 12:30 PM

Hello are there any newer posts or is this site not in operation.

Hey there Jimbo, check the 'New Content' button on the top right corner of the forums section for the latest threads.

-2011 5.0 Black/Saddle, MT-82, 3.73, Brembo

-Tuned by Matt Honeycutt from Redliners Tuning
-Dynatech 1 7/8" longtube headers, 3" catted custom h-pipe with Borla S-Types, Boss intake, Steeda CAI
-Dynotech driveshaft, FRPP 'P', Strange 10-way adj. struts, Viking double adjustable shocks, BMR UCA/LCA, relo brackets, Steeda STB, JHR shifter/clutch line, Blowfish Racing solid shifter bracket(2014 setup)
-438/421, 12.19 @ 116mph(2011 setup)
-1967 Fastback, small block, 4-speed, work in progress

-Check out my YouTube channel! https://www.youtube....ger427/featured

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com