ASE Master Certified Technician

• Administrators
  • 16,623 posts
  • 14627 reward credits
  • Sterling
  • Virginia
Garage View Garage

Posted May 21, 2013 - 01:32 AM

I though we'd start an introduction thread so we can get to know each other a little better. With only 30 some-odd members so far we are a very tight-knit group and I think we are doing very well.

My name is Peter and I have been a professional technician with Mercedes Benz since 2005. I graduated from UTI and was accepted to Mercedes' Elite training program. I worked hard to rid myself of the 'new guy' image and specialized in heavy diagnosis cars with repetitive and/or intermittent issues. I became Master Certified in 2008 and recertify at that level every year.

In 2010 the lease on my Audi was coming to an end and I had the choice of buying it or getting a new car. I had not looked at Mustangs other than resoring my '67 project car. I heard the new 5,0 Coyote was hitting the streets so one Saturday I went to the local Ford dealership for a test drive. That Monday I special ordered an '11 5.0. :Big Grin:

My first trip to the strip was March 2011 for the very first 5.0 Shootout at MIR. 25 cars showed up and it seemed like I had the track to myself. I managed my personal best of 12.19 @ 116mph my very first time ever racing a car. I made it to the second round of eliminations before spinning hard and was sent packing. Later that year I somehow managed to convince my girlfriend to drive from our home in Virginia halfway accross the country to run the Texas Mile. :shock:

The trip itself was awesome and I was sure to help her enjoy it. We stopped at resturants visited by her favorite show Diners Drive-ins and Dives and I even let her behind the wheel for some 100+mph blasts in the middle of nowhere. :clapping:  The 'Mile was epic, the biggest car show I've ever seen with the most hardcore hardware(2000+hp Vipers and Ford GT's) on the planet.

Nowadays I have to save money to afford the finer things in life like rent, electricity, and high-speed internet. :threaten:   That high-speed internet allows me to spend every waking minute on the forum much to my girlfriend's delight. :no   Thanks to the forums and the immensly generous community I have made many friends and found reason to try to give back.

Besides my love of cars and the Mustang, I am also an avid shooter with a once proud arsenal. Being tight on funds forced me to downsize but it's still a blast getting my girl and a bunch of friends out to the range. Also I am trying to get into photography, which itself requires quite a bit of edjumacation to get right. I use my Nikon DSLR as often as I can and surprisingly captured some pretty sweet shots.

In my earlier years my primary focus was on music. I was first chair trumpet and was invited to National level groups to perform. At the same time I played drums with a pseudo rock back with my buddy on guitar. We have a few originals plus some covers and even rocked a few open-mic gigs. Check out my Youtube channel for some neat vids.

https://www.youtube....user/stanger427

cf22728f-2c21-4fec-80ec-06ba3a859f20.jpg01d98efa-2b42-4865-b194-f27886aa6211.jpg

-2011 5.0 Black/Saddle, MT-82, 3.73, Brembo

-Tuned by Matt Honeycutt from Redliners Tuning
-Dynatech 1 7/8" longtube headers, 3" catted custom h-pipe with Borla S-Types, Boss intake, Steeda CAI
-Dynotech driveshaft, FRPP 'P', Strange 10-way adj. struts, Viking double adjustable shocks, BMR UCA/LCA, relo brackets, Steeda STB, JHR shifter/clutch line, Blowfish Racing solid shifter bracket(2014 setup)
-438/421, 12.19 @ 116mph(2011 setup)
-1967 Fastback, small block, 4-speed, work in progress

-Check out my YouTube channel! https://www.youtube....ger427/featured

#2 2011fastford

2011fastford

FFM INSTAGRAM MOD

• Members
  • 13,223 posts
  • 11123 reward credits
  • Albuquerque
  • New Mexico

Posted May 21, 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hey my name is Mark, i work as a corrections officer :police:  at the Bernallio County Metropoliton Detention Center in Albuquerque New Mexico. I work in the psychiatric services unit with all the looney toons. I get to work with all kinds of different people murderers, gangbangers, thieves, hookers, trannys, you name it i've probably seen it.Being assinged with PSU inmates my day usually consist of making sure they don't hurt themselfs because they always try. i've seen guys attempt to drown themselves in toilets lol hang themselves, cut themselves or anything to that extent.

Once the first shift is over it's its usually time for another. i prefer to take the segregation units for my overtime. These guys are the worst the jail has to offer all the shit head gang members who are always up to something. Usually all seg units are staffed with two officers so depending on who i'm working with our shift consists of trying to find contraband and strip searching these guys to find the heroin usually tucked up some gangsters butt. (yes that does happen) and there is always that one idiot who likes to give us problems we usually solve that by painting him orange with a full can of LE-10(thats mase) or tasing his ass. i prefer the mase because that stuff burns like hell and last about a day.

Out side from the stressful job i  like to hang out at home with my girl, I am a big Denver Broncos fan, i collect baseball, football, and basketball cards i have over 60k lol.  i enjoy going to the gym when i can. i love guns and have owned about 10 in the last year. my favorite being my tauras Judge 45lc which was not accurate at all lol. Thats about it thanks for reading.

2011FastFord2.JPG.jpg

Instagram
@2011fastford505

youtube channel

https://www.youtube....fcl0lx8MEyEby4g

#3 nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Operations Advisor

• Moderators
  • 6,902 posts
  • 4466 reward credits
  • Milwaukee
  • Wisconsin
Garage View Garage

Posted May 21, 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hello!  My name'a Borat!  I like you!  I like sex!  It's nice!

Actually my name is Nick.  But I'll still probably like you as a person, and yes, I like sex.  It's nice.  I'm 26.  I currently work for a financial services company in Information Technology. I'm not where I want to be but it's a start, just being out of college for only three years and I'm making a very reasonable living.  I'm a single dude and that gives me a lot of freedom to do what I want and not hear ANY biznatching about my car. :king:   Life is pretty well for me and I'm thankful for that.

My interest in the automotive sciences started with, yes, The Fast and the Furious. After getting the rice out of my ears, I took a few classes in high school in basic shop. My class did a GM LT1 tear down/build up and that's where I get my love of pushrod motors.

Through college, I drove a 1996 Toyota Celica ST auto.  It was a shame I couldn't really wrench because I didn't want to spend any money on that car except for maintenance.  I now own a 2011 Mustang GT, 400A Spec, option 55D and BB.  This is my first Mustang but not my first experience with Mustangs.  I've probably actually worked on my friend's SN95 GT refresh more than my own car.  I've even done a total top end tear down/build up of the engine.  No, I'm no SN95 expert by any means, but at least it cranked up on first try. :superblue: I'm currently modded out with:

Bama tunes

Airaid MPX, restrictor tube removed

Kooks 1 7/8" long tube headers w/catted X pipe

Magnaflow Competition cat back exhaust

Steeda Tri-Ax shifter

Barton Two Post bracket

Koni STR.T shocks and struts

FRPP P springs

J&M adjustable panhard rod

UPR LCA's and relocation brackets

TSW Interlagos 19" x 9.5" wheels

Continental ExtremeContact DW 285/35-19

I've done all the mods myself except for the things that would require major equipment like the wheels and tires and I know a guy who lets me use his lift and gives me very valuable guidance (ask me about his car!)

I've been to the quarter mile only twice but I've been able to click off a 12.4 flat on the factory 255/40-19 Pirelli PZeros.  I blame luck, not skill.  I would like to go to Road America this summer since I do live in Wisconsin and my car is now definitely closer to track worthy.

Outside of cars, I'm a bit of a geek.  I love gadgets and computers.  I am also an avid weightlifter.  I do some hunting and shooting when I can.  I love the Milwaukee Brewers.  They still suck.  Packers will not blow their season this year.  Who the hell are the Milwaukee Bucks?  How dare you make hand party to Pammella.  Happy motoring!

Retired Moderator - Thank you FFM members for an incredible online experience!

Visit Fastfordmuscle on Facebook!

Thank you to CORSA PERFORMANCE for supporting my vehicle

2016 900A Spec||PQ853||60T

SCCA SOLO Class CAM-C

2011 400A Spec || Option 55D || Option BB

YouTube!

#4 JoeyMustang

JoeyMustang

Rewards Level 3

• Super Mod
  • 2,404 posts
  • 1129 reward credits
  • Houston
  • Texas

Posted May 21, 2013 - 02:08 PM

Hello, my name is Joel and I'm an alcoholic  :Skull:

nahhh just kidding. But I do drink, so invite me when you see me! LOL I'm 28 and my life took a great spin this last year. I used to live in Puerto Rico; awesome beaches, great girls, street racing almost every day, it is an amazing place (although crime is crazy, but thats another topic). Unfortunately, such a small island (111 x 39.5 miles) means that good jobs are extremely competitive, bringing salaries down because there will always be someone in the need that will do it. I graduated from my bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering and started working as a Sales Engineer for Lennox. I always wanted to move to the states and I knew that the goals I had set I would never be able to do them in the timeframe I wanted if I stayed. So, on June 25th 2012, I moved from Puerto Rico to Salt Lake City, Utah to work as an Applications Engineer. The move was difficult but the sacrifices have been rewarding. I'm proud to say that I have a wonderful fiancee that supported me and moved also to SLC on October and she brought our dog with her. Tomorrow my parents are coming for a visit after almost a year without seeing them. 

Hobbies? Cars and video games. I learned everything I know about cars through trial and error on my '89 GT, it was a fun money pit. Bought when I was 18 without even knowing how to drive stick! The tires were bald and I almost crashed it on my way to getting new ones, thats when I knew this would be a fun car.

abd79253087b49268bbbbce3bb769692.jpg
2011 Ford Mustang GT - oh you know...just the basic stuff

#5 SRT

SRT

Rewards Level 3

• Members
  • 4,228 posts
  • 1848 reward credits
  • Other

Posted May 21, 2013 - 02:37 PM

Hi, Dan here.

Army brat. Moved a lot. Dad retired here in Ky.

After highschool I joined the Army Reserve as a combat engineer. I didn't stress my mind with the tech...lol, it had a bonus for the job. I worked various part time jobs having fun and generally not being too serious. Food service, construction, retail, sales, collections, welding at a factory on Ford truck frames...jack of all trades. My friends and I assembled a few sbc engines for our cars and they were budget engines. We couldn't afford high end stuff so we had to think outside the box to get things done.

I met my first wife, joined the Air Force active duty in 2001 about a month before 9/11. (Still unreal thinking back on that) I was an F-16 Crew Chief in the Air Force. Career cut short by a motorcycle accident (wrecked my Ducati Monster in a decreasing radius turn) and had 4 resulting knee surgeries. It could have been worse...like hitting the pole I missed by 2 ft. Anyway, can't squat much to work on aircraft. That screwed me over on a good career so when I got out, I started a great performing lawn car service with high end customers. I was medically/honorably discharged Jun 05.

I netted about 2500 / mo.  from the first month after I was medically discharged from the Air Force by getting a good business contract and good individual customers for lawn service. That went well but started slowing around the summer of 06. Economy? I then got a part time job at the local Advance Auto Parts and worked there a year and a half. I saw the manager had his pet employees and wasn't going to give me, the most knowledgeable person there and proven by the test the company gave, a raise so I left for what sounded like a better offer. The better offer at a Meineke was BS it turned out. Instantly told me after I already left the other place (gave 2wks notice) that I wouldn't be getting the pay he promised me for a while.

So I quit, packed up the family, and moved to Houston to go to S.A.M. There I built, my first, from scratch, engine. It was very satisfying. I proved that I can do anything...anything that I want to with an engine and my logic is sound. It turned out exactly how I wanted using math and a little gut instinct. Nice, broad, flat power curve like all the newer engines...using a wide LSA, high lift, 236 @.050 int camshaft on a 408. That's moderate and the LSA was recommended against. The owner of the school guessed it would make only 475...He was wrong...by 50hp. That engine is on the Cyclone-Performance page and I'm quite proud of that only $7k engine. That's just parts. It's currently in a Dak RT being tuned for a meet in June. He'll trailer it from Florida to Oklahoma, another state I lived in and have family there, btw. It should run anywhere from high 10's to low 11's in a 4k lb truck with the D1sc and 10lbs of boost on top of the 526hp it made NA.

I moved to N.C. to try to look for a job on a leap of faith. Proactive! In one year, I had one interview which I'm proud of. It was for a dyno operator and engine tear down of all the cup engines to verify whether they were within the rules. This interview was with NASCAR, Inc. Really, with all the older, more experienced, hit the ground running laid off team guys around due to the economy....I was honored to even be considered due to my resume of aircraft maintenance and School of Automotive Machinists.

Well, the first wife wanted out when we moved back to Ky a year later. We have 3 kids so it wasn't easy and I'm a little old school in that regard. It was harder on me for sure but now...I can say good riddance because I wasn't in my right mind then, lol. My friend got me a job where I met my new boss. Well, she is now my wife. :) Things are better than I thought they could be. The kids love her but she's got her shit together unlike the other. She's a good role model for them and I'm proud of her. Me...well, not much of a career. I took off late (around 30), crap happened, and now I'm a dispatcher at a very family oriented trucking company. They are the best employer I've ever had. It's old school, definitely, because they are good people. 3 generations work in one building. Anyway, I'm currently able to port upper and lower intakes for the 3.7 on the side right now if anyone is interested. Generally, it'll help you go down the track faster and help my family out a little too. I'm currently building up my car and hope testing goes well in a couple of weeks.

Oh, I like guns too. I'm not super with the tech but know my way around enough to use them all proficiently. I can't wait for the new indoor range to open up here at Ky Gun Company.

So, all in all, I've done a little of everything. I've lived in Ky, Germany, Tn, Ok, IN, Ky again, Tx, Az, Italy, Ky again, Tx again, NC, and Ky once again...and traveled some too. Ups, downs, I'd have done it all again because I have 3 great kids for it!

In this time since high school, cars/vehicles of interest include, a 71 El Camino SS/ '85 Olds 442 with SBC swap, forged crank, rods, pistons 9.5:1, 224@.050 .500 lift cam...mild/ 98 Honda Magna bought new, blue and black/ '87 Buick Grand National bought 11 years old with 21k miles and never modded or driven in rain/ '02 Ducati Monster Sport 750cc/ '03 Mach 1 5 spd without the IUP. '99 Dodge Dakota RT with refresh at 67k, file fit rings, home ported heads, near stock cam, M1 4bbl, tuning by me at 4k lbs went from a 15 sec truck to low 13's on a used part shoe string budget.

That's my story.

'15 Challenger SRT 392 A8

Traded- '14 Race Red Premium M6 GT

Traded- '13 Ingot Silver Premium 3.7 A6

#6 z28th1s

z28th1s

Rewards Level 3

• Administrators
  • 4,071 posts
  • 1900 reward credits
  • Lynchburg
  • Virginia

Posted May 21, 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hello, my name is Greg and I'm 47 years old.

I am a Manufacturing Supervisor over the Bindery and Shipping departments at R.R. Donnelley Printing Co. I have been there 28 years. I worked as a material handler in our Pressroom for 6 years and then transferred to our Bindery and worked as a material and mail handler for 3 years. I got an apprenticeship to become a Bindery Machine Operator and completed the 4 year program and ran a saddlestitch binder for 7 years (including my 4 year apprenticeship). I got promoted to Supervisor and have been in that position for the past 12 years.

I have two grown sons (29 and 26) that are very active in the Mustang car hobby. My oldest son (FoolnYa) is a member here and has a 2012 3.7 Mustang and was a water jet machine operator until the shop he worked at abruptly closed. My younger son is a Wyotech graduate and works in a local transmission shop. He has a '87 GT Mustang that he is currently in the process of going through the motor. The three of us enjoy drag racing, cruise-ins and car shows. I'm fortunate that I'm able to share my hobby with my two sons. We are also very much into stick shift cars, it is in our bloodlines!!

I remarried several years back and have a wonderful wife that also enjoys Mustangs and comes from a father that currently has three of them. He has an '03 Azure Blue Mach 1, '90 red GT hatchback and a '89 black LX coupe with a 331 stroker motor in it. I have three step children a 21 year old girl, 14 year old girl and 13 year old boy. The 21 year old girl just gave birth a couple of weeks ago to my first grandchild, a little boy!

I have owned many, many Mustangs over the years. A good portion of them I took to the dragstrip at least one time! I have owned a '70 fastback, '74 coupe, '95 GT, '97 GT convertible, '99 Cobra convertible, '03 Cobra coupe, '04 Cobra coupe and convertible. Last but certainly not least I have owned at least 50 Foxbodies. I have had coupes, convertibles, hatchbacks, GT's, LX's, 4 cylinders, 6 cylinders and 5.0's!! I have really just lost count over the years.

I currently have a '93 GT hatchback that I'm working on. It is a 347 with a Novi 2000 blower and a TKO 600 trans. I'm in the process of having the fuel system upgraded and have hopes of getting the car into the 9's in the 1/4 mile after the upgrades. I posted a short video of the car in the 'Beer Corner' section of the forum.

Outside of my love for the car hobby I enjoy MLB baseball, college basketball and the NFL. I have been a San Diego Padres fan since I was about 8 years old. I'm a devout University of Virginia and Washington Redskins fan!!

I'm looking forward to seeing this forum grow, as we have a good group of members so far!!

'11 Race Red Mustang V6 Coupe 3.7, M6, 3.73 gears, JLT CAI, BBK TB, 'Lone Wolf Performance' ported intakes, Lund Racing 93 tune, BBK LT's, O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster 'Force II' axleback, Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, UPR UCA & LCA's, J&M PHB, Strange 10-way adjustable rear shocks, 305 RWHP & 280 RWTQ, 12.60 @ 108.39 MPH (1st NA 3.7 V6 in the 12's!!) SOLD 

#7 burke985

burke985

Rewards Level 3

• Members
  • 1,519 posts
  • 451 reward credits
  • Louisiana
Garage View Garage

Posted May 21, 2013 - 07:46 PM

Whats up Mike here,

I am 35 and work in logistics for an offshore company called Montco. Right now we currently have the biggest liftboat in the world and we work mainly on permanently abandoning wells by tearing them out of the earth 15' below sea floor. Last year we tore out 40 wells in the gulf of mexico and will tear out 40+ more this year. We have a 500 ton crane on the boat and we have made some of the heaviest lifts in the gulf to date on a liftboat at over 300 tons. We have a great group of guys and we have went almost a year and a half without an loss time accident which is close to 500,000 man hours and that's pretty much unheard of in this line of decommissioning work and has me looking for a bonus  :Big Grin: . I worked before this job for Yacht building company where i was an interior installation supervisor and i worked that job for about 11 years until a couple years ago. 

My love for mustangs started as a kid and i finally got one when me and my first wife split up when i was 26 it was a brand new  2003 GT premium. Long story short i had that one until about 2.5 years ago when my son was born and i had to get rid of it because a car seat did not fit well in a Mustang. So i sold it and bought the new wife a used 2007  Chrysler 300 for her and the baby. Well my job situation changed and i am making better money now so last year on New years day my wife was joking about going to the dealership and looking at new mustangs and well that joke turned into a reality about 24 hours later as i was driving away in my brand new 2012 GT. I really didnt know much about the new mustangs when i went and bought one as i never really had the money to mod the '03' so i didn't really buy anything for it or blog about it. All i did was gears, tune and CAI on the '03' and took me 5 years to get all that  and vowed to get a supercharger one day for it. Well i never got the chance to get the supercharger and it seems to have worked out for the best now.

The one thing i have learned in life is good or bad karma will come back to get you one way or the other so I've always tried to be fair and treat people as i would want to be. I usually try and joke as much as possible because life is hard enough and usually a good laugh will make things better. I am also a big sports fanatic and am a big Saints and LSU fan, love my boys in black and gold and my Tigers. I'm trying real hard to like MMA because my brother loves it but i cant seem to get into it, starting to remind me sometimes of the WWE. I used to play in city leagues in softball and basketball but dont have time any more , i can barely find enough time for the gym now. I am a bit of a phone nerd too made my own ROM for my Android phone and posted in xda 

So any way thats the short version of my story and im happily married now with my two kids , one from previous marriage.

Blower and Stuff !!!  :trololol-1:

622whp

545tq

20140823_130841_zps2af2c62c.jpg

#8 Coyote 302

Coyote 302

VMP-TVS 2.3L Ultimate

• Super Mod
  • 2,037 posts
  • 562 reward credits
  • Miami
  • Florida
Garage View Garage

Posted May 21, 2013 - 08:55 PM

Hey guys, Ricky here! …

…my late life’s short story, put some good 20 years behind computers after finishing College and was fired with a corporate release agreement when a new management came in, luckily I had made Vice President a year before the company was sold to a huge conglomerate, so between salaries for a non-compete clause, bonuses and profit sharing, I was able to secure a fixed income for a while… :cheers:

As far as family goes, seven years ago,  my second ex-wife’s  fallopian tubes decided to kick in again and now  I’m starting again as a grandfather dad! LOL! (my oldest son is an accountant followed by my oldest daughter who is a registered nurse)….

My passion for Mustangs really began many years ago and coming from a poor background (both immigrant parents), I started wrenching in my first car by replacing the head gasket... ‘cause I had no other choice $$$, it was a 1972 Datsun 510 and wrenching has never stopped! It gives me the willies when I don’t get my hands dirty tweaking in my ride after a couple of weeks! So I’m always looking for ways to make it faster, better. So, trying to learn more, share more, I started posting on forums in 2004. Back then communities where not that big and didn't have so much advertising! Now most forums are so huge that is next to impossible to have any type of constructive discussions, nevertheless actually meet anybody (thou I really enjoyed Peters water cooling mod arguments in AFM from MMR! cool thread! LOL!). Its so hard not to get dizzy from so many banners from websites nowadays… So I “bought” in into the idea of having “smaller” forum communities where you can actually share and grow… heck, why not help others by collaboration and contributions? I mean, do you know of any other site that’s got any type of a simple thank note  for posting tips, instructions, comments, general Mustang automotive knowledge?

Anyways, my main interest besides my 7 year old daughter, is Mustangs! And I am here to help, and although we might not have a gazillion members with all the bells and whistles, I’m for sure enthusiastic about being part of this forum and its way to reward its members! :smiling:

...change comes about as a result of millions of tiny acts...

#9 2011fastford

2011fastford

FFM INSTAGRAM MOD

• Members
  • 13,223 posts
  • 11123 reward credits
  • Albuquerque
  • New Mexico

Posted May 21, 2013 - 11:37 PM

Good intros everybody!

2011FastFord2.JPG.jpg

Instagram
@2011fastford505

youtube channel

#10 Coyote 302

Coyote 302

VMP-TVS 2.3L Ultimate

• Super Mod
  • 2,037 posts
  • 562 reward credits
  • Miami
  • Florida
Garage View Garage

Posted May 22, 2013 - 12:54 AM

Kudos to Peter!

#11 Grimace427

Grimace427

• Administrators
  • 16,623 posts
  • 14627 reward credits
  • Sterling
  • Virginia
Garage View Garage

Posted May 22, 2013 - 03:42 AM

Kudos to Ricky for getting such awesome people onboard!

cf22728f-2c21-4fec-80ec-06ba3a859f20.jpg01d98efa-2b42-4865-b194-f27886aa6211.jpg

-Dynatech 1 7/8" longtube headers, 3" catted custom h-pipe with Borla S-Types, Boss intake, Steeda CAI
-Dynotech driveshaft, FRPP 'P', Strange 10-way adj. struts, Viking double adjustable shocks, BMR UCA/LCA, relo brackets, Steeda STB, JHR shifter/clutch line, Blowfish Racing solid shifter bracket(2014 setup)

#12 YerBuddy

YerBuddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 0 reward credits
  • Other

Posted May 22, 2013 - 05:49 AM

I'm here!

My name is Rob and I'm 55 years old.  Flew helicopters in the Army for 20 years and now I work for the Army as a civilian...In Germany!  Love my Mustang.  That is all.

#13 2011fastford

2011fastford

FFM INSTAGRAM MOD

• Members
  • 13,223 posts
  • 11123 reward credits
  • Albuquerque
  • New Mexico

Posted May 22, 2013 - 06:34 AM

I'm here!

My name is Rob and I'm 55 years old.  Flew helicopters in the Army for 20 years and now I work for the Army as a civilian...In Germany!  Love my Mustang.  That is all.

WELCOME ABOARD!!!

2011FastFord2.JPG.jpg

Instagram
@2011fastford505

youtube channel

#14 Grimace427

Grimace427

• Administrators
  • 16,623 posts
  • 14627 reward credits
  • Sterling
  • Virginia
Garage View Garage

Posted May 22, 2013 - 11:44 AM

I'm here!

Welcome aboard from abroad!

#15 SRT

SRT

Rewards Level 3

• Members
  • 4,228 posts
  • 1848 reward credits
  • Other

Posted May 22, 2013 - 01:06 PM

I'm here!

Welcome! I hope to go visit Germany again someday. I haven't been there since I was 4.

'15 Challenger SRT 392 A8

Traded- '14 Race Red Premium M6 GT

Traded- '13 Ingot Silver Premium 3.7 A6

#16 burke985

burke985

Rewards Level 3

• Members
  • 1,519 posts
  • 451 reward credits
  • Louisiana
Garage View Garage

Posted May 22, 2013 - 01:18 PM

Good to see us getting all the good guys in here, great job grim and coyote this forum has been refreshing and thanks for the invite

Blower and Stuff !!!  :trololol-1:

622whp

545tq

20140823_130841_zps2af2c62c.jpg

#17 JoeyMustang

JoeyMustang

Rewards Level 3

• Super Mod
  • 2,404 posts
  • 1129 reward credits
  • Houston
  • Texas

Posted May 22, 2013 - 02:00 PM

I'm here!

Are you the guy with the grabber orange s197? Welcome aboard!

abd79253087b49268bbbbce3bb769692.jpg
2011 Ford Mustang GT - oh you know...just the basic stuff

#18 Norm Peterson

Norm Peterson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • 0 reward credits
  • New Jersey
Garage View Garage

Posted May 22, 2013 - 03:18 PM

Yup, that really is my name. So far, there's a fair chance that I'm the resident OG at 65.

Currently, I'm somewhere between being unemployed and semi-retired, depending on my frame of mind at the moment. But I was an engineer for power plant piping systems (including nuclear) for many years, and worked as a structural engineer for Navy ships and submarines before that. Sometimes the engineering career has helped the car enthusiast side, and sometimes involvement with things automotive benefitted the engineering career.

I'm still married to the same girl I was dating this time of year back in 1970, our kids are 42 and not quite 38, and there are four grandchildren ranging in age from not quite 16 down to not quite 8. Must be something about that springtime air . . .

Grimace and perhaps a couple others know me as more of a chassis & suspension guy. I really couldn't tell you why, although I can tell you that it goes back to before I even had my learner's permit. Gravity-powered downhill "buggies", go-karts, 1950's and 1960's traditional sports roadsters and a couple other influences only struck chords with the music that was already there.

It's not that I haven't done engine modifications and build-ups, because I've done several. Not all were V8's, nor were they all US domestic or carbureted.

From time to time I'll mention other car makes and models. Nobody has all the best answers, and I'm not too proud to steal some other car's "better idea" once I've convinced myself that it really is better. Could be cars I've owned or cars for other forums I belong to.

You'll also find me to be one of the more hardcore manual transmission guys. I'm telling you the straight truth that we haven't owned an automatic tranny car in over 40 years. My wife would be a keeper almost on that point alone, and it's encouraging that the not-quite-16 y/o expects to learn how to "drive stick" at some point. I have a suspicion that I'll get drafted as an instructor sooner or later.

What I really want to do more of is road course track days. I'm only an hour and change away from NJMP and its two completely separate tracks. There's nothing quite like getting it somewhere near right driving for 20 minutes at a time as hard as you dare without having to stop, or on a shorter time scale upshifting to 4th at about 100 mph with over a quarter mile of straightaway in front of you.

Norm

'08 GT coupe, 5M, wheels, tires, pads, fluid, a few suspension mods . . . and still not lowered

'10 Legacy 2.5GT, 6M (hers) . . . '01 Maxima 20AE, 5M (spare, winter driver)

#19 Coyote 302

Coyote 302

VMP-TVS 2.3L Ultimate

• Super Mod
  • 2,037 posts
  • 562 reward credits
  • Miami
  • Florida
Garage View Garage

Posted May 22, 2013 - 06:41 PM

I'm here!

Cool, welcome!! so, do you have your ride with you?

#20 YerBuddy

YerBuddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 0 reward credits
  • Other

Posted May 23, 2013 - 12:01 PM

Are you the guy with the grabber orange s197? Welcome aboard!

Nope.  Ingot is how I roll.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com